What is the Sphere Microphone Modeling System and why would you want to get one?
Townsend Labs product expert Julian David explains the basic concepts of Sphere and what the benefits are. Learn more and reimagine our library of pre-recorded tracks now. Click here to download the free, fully featured plug-in and ready-to-go sessions for you DAW of choice.
This introduction to Sphere is the first video in our new Inside Sphere video series conceived to help you make better recordings and discover the full potential of our patented technology.
The Sphere® system consists of the high precision dual-channel L22 microphone, which when paired with the included Sphere plug-in (UAD, VST, AU, AAX Native) accurately models the response of a wide range of mics, including transient response, harmonics, proximity effect, and three-dimensional polar response. Unlock the real multi-dimensional tones of an expanding collection including currently 30 of recording history’s finest microphones.
With Sphere you now can:
- Record with the sound of microphones many have only dreamt about
- Change mic type, polar pattern, and other microphone characteristics, even after tracking!
- Audition the sound of different microphones without tiring the vocalist
- Reduce bleed, undesirable room coloration, and other common issues using Off-Axis Correction™
- Record in stereo from a single microphone
You are invited to install the free, fully-featured Sphere plug-in for all major platforms and DAWs. Try it now and reimagine our library of pre-recorded tracks.