Explore the basic controls and main features of the Sphere plug-in
In our second episode of Inside Sphere, Townsend Labs product expert Julian David walks you through the basic view of the Sphere plug-in. Learn about all of the controls in the plug-in's "Single View", designed to give quick access to great sounds.
You will learn:
- What a basic vocal recording looks like in your DAW
- How to audition different microphone models
- How to use the polar meter to your advantage
- Why the Sphere L22 is a dual-channel system
- What the Axis and Proximity controls mean
- How you can quickly identify bleed and room pick-up with a flick of a switch
Instead of just talking about the different controls and concepts, Julian has brought along a couple of real-world production examples. The video features music by German singer Frau Karo and jazz tenor sax player Matthew Halpin. As a result, the video serves to help you make the most of your own recordings. Following this Sphere plug-in basics video will be a look at the more advanced features accessible in the dual view of the plug-in.
In case you missed the first episode with a basic introduction about Sphere, click here.
The Sphere® system consists of the high precision dual channel L22 microphone, which when paired with the included Sphere plug-in (UAD, VST, AU, AAX Native) accurately models the response of a wide range of mics, including transient response, harmonics, proximity effect, and three-dimensional polar response. Unlock the real multi-dimensional tones of an expanding collection including more than 20 of recording history’s finest microphones.
With Sphere you now can:
- Record with the sound of microphones many have only dreamt about
- Change mic type, polar pattern, and other microphone characteristics, even after tracking!
- Audition the sound of different microphones without tiring the vocalist
- Reduce bleed, undesirable room coloration, and other common issues using Off-Axis Correction™
- Record in stereo from a single microphone
You are invited to install the free, fully-featured Sphere plug-in for all major platforms and DAWs. Try it now and reimagine our library of pre-recorded tracks.